Popular Posts

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Will you marry me?

29th February . The day where it seems socially acceptable to for a women to ask a man to marry her.
Once every 4 years, we are granted with this delightful day.
Why I question in a modern society should it still be the man who asks for a women's hand in marriage?
In a world of equality, I do wonder why this is. 
I appreciate our traditional roles of men and women still exist, but I think with someone as passionate and special as marriage, a women should be entitled to take charge and ask the man directly.
Let's just hope the answer would be yes.
So, come one ladies, pop the question, 'will you marry me?.'

1 comment:

  1. Apparently, Dick Van Dyke (you know, the man with the awful cockney accent in Mary Poppins) was proposed to by non other than his 40 year-old makeup artist. He's 86.

    ReplyDelete